Calculate my route from :

Château de MalmaisonChâteau de Malmaison

  • Bank/credit card
  • Parking

Partager sur :

About : Château de Malmaison

Built between 1800 and 1802 by architects Percier and Fontaine from an
old 17th century house, the Château de Malmaison, acquired in 1799 by
Josephine Bonaparte who was looking for a land around Paris, is a unique
example for its Consular style furniture. The Château de Malmaison was
occupied under the Consulate by the imperial couple.
From 1800 to 1802, with the Tuileries in Paris, it was thus the seat of the French government. It was the scene of many working meetings, official and private receptions, concerts, balls, lunches and field games.
Josephine had her famous rose-garden planted on the estate and she also had a Temple of Love built nearby. After her divorce in 1809, Josephine continued to live in this house, so steeped in her personality. On the first floor you can still see the room where she died on 29 May 1814.


Avenue du Château de Malmaison 92500 Rueil-Malmaison France

Phone : 33 (0)1 41 29 05 57

e-mail :

Visit our site


From 01/04 to 30/09.
Closed on Tuesday.

From 01/10 to 31/03.
Closed on Tuesday.

Period: Autumn, Summer, Winter, Spring


Full price: 2 €
Reduced price: 5 €
Adult: from 6.50 €.

Free entry for children < 26 years, disabled people and accompanying persons.

Before coming to the castle, remember to book your time slot.

Payment method : Bank/credit card, Cheque, Cash

Reception of persons with disabilities

Adapted tourism : Hearing disability, Mental disability, Visual disability, Accessible en fauteuil roulant avec aide, WC + grab handle + adequate space to move, Site, building partially accessible, Personnel d’accueil sensibilisé à l’accueil des personnes en situation de handicap

Clarifications : Hearing disability
Mental disability
Visual disability
Accessible en fauteuil roulant avec aide
WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
Site, building partially accessible
Personnel d’accueil sensibilisé à l’accueil des personnes en situation de handicap

Accessibility Disability


Spoken languages : English , French

Services : Educational visits , Guided tours

Equipments : Toilets , Parking

Activities : Children's entertainment , Temporary exhibition , Exposition permanente


Language documentation : German , English , Spanish , French

Language audio documentation : English , Spanish , French , Russian , Chinese , Japonais

Group visit duration : 1h30

Groups visits : Guided group tours on request

Individual visit duration : 1h00

Individual Visit : Unguided individual tours available permanently , Guided individual tours on request

Client and group

Publics : Groups , Accueil de groupes scolaires

Accepted animals : no


RER A / Rueil-Malmaison station or metro line 1 up to La Defense,
and then bus no. 258: ‘Le Château’ bus stop

Disabled access - only on the ground floor, Osiris lodge, car
lodge and park.

Do not miss

Conférence autour de l'exposition

Conférence autour de l'exposition " créations autour d'une robe de Joséphine"

Dans le cadre de l'exposition " créations autour d'une robe de Joséphine", venez assister le 6...